UCLA Transfer Alumni Scholarship
The UCLA Transfer Alumni Scholarships is a merit scholarship of $3,000 per year ($6,000 over two years) awarded through an application screening by alumni volunteers and selection by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. By completing one application, you will be considered to receive one of the many scholarships provided through the Alumni Scholarships Program, which focuses on developing service and leadership skills.
NOTE: You do not need to be related to a UCLA Alumnus to apply. The program is named for the high level of engagement of our UCLA Alumni in the review process and throughout each Alumni Scholar’s tenure at the university.
As a service and leadership award, the following questions on the general application are required for the Alumni Scholarship:
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
HONORS AND AWARDS
EMPLOYMENT/INTERNSHIPS/RESEARCH, if applicable
REQUIREMENTS: DURING THE UPCOMING ACADEMIC YEAR:
- Applicants must attend UCLA beginning the fall quarter immediately after the application cycle: Fall 2023. Awards cannot be deferred.
- Read the Scholarship Criteria & Important Information provided by leadership.
- Submit the Alumni Scholarships Compliance Agreement (PDF).
- Complete and log 30 hours of Renewal Service.
- Attend one Alumni Scholarship Event.
- Fulfill Units and GPA Requirements.
BENEFITS OF BEING AN ALUMNI SCHOLAR
Being an Alumni Scholar is more than just receiving a scholarship. Scholars are involved in campus events and organizations, increase their connections to the university, build their leadership skills at UCLA, and stay involved as alumni. Benefits include:
- Membership in the prestigious Alumni Scholars Club (ASC)
- Access to cutting-edge leadership development programming
- Alumni-to-student mentoring
- Networking opportunities with UCLA alumni
- Eligibility to receive additional need-based funding"
ALUMNI NEED GRANTS
Additional need-based grants are available to students who demonstrate financial need as determined by the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office. You may automatically receive up to $5,000 for your first year in addition to your merit scholarship award. Additional need-based Alumni grants require an annual application, verifying fulfillment of your UCLA academic and Alumni Scholarship requirements. Further information is available on the Wasserman Alumni Need Grant opportunity on the Registered Student application.
The first round of Alumni Scholarship offers are made to top-ranked scholars within a week of UCLA Admissions decisions. If you do not receive an offer during this initial round, you may still receive an Alumni Scholarship. Awards continue to be made throughout the summer, as students are matched to the restricted scholarships within the program. In general, most are completed by late June, and we will update the portal when the process is complete.