Life Science Scholars
The Life Sciences Scholars Scholarship was established in June 2018 to provide support for Life Sciences students.
- Interest in the Sciences – Students who aspire to obtain a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. are strongly encouraged to apply
- Majors (Biology, Computational & Systems Biology, Ecology, Behavior and Evolution, Human Biology and Society (B.S.), Integrative Biology and Physiology, Marine Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, & Molecular Genetics, Molecular, Cell Developmental Biology, Neuroscience, Psychobiology)
- A high school cumulative GPA of 3.8 or above
- At least four years of math and three years of science
- A maintained GPA of 3.0 or above (at least a “B” average) at UCLA in science and math courses is strongly preferred
- Students who are members of groups that are historically underrepresented in STEM are especially encouraged to apply.
- Potential for sponsor engagement
- Paid summer internships
- Participation in the UCLA HHMI Pathways to Success program. The UCLA-HHMI Pathways to Success Program is a 4-year, intensive, honors-level program for undergraduate students majoring in the life sciences, with an interest in the bio-sciences. We are committed to the academic success and professional development of highly motivated students, from diverse backgrounds, who intend to pursue a career in the life sciences. All HHMI Pathways students engage in cutting edge research with world-class professors, participate in high-level academic collaborative learning workshops, and are a part of a mentoring community to support their success and persistence in STEM. Through our programming students are introduced to research during their first year! Many are accepted into labs by the summer of their freshman year or during their sophomore year.
- up to $10K per year