MacDougal Family Foundation Blue and Gold Scholarship
Intended for students from LA County schools that historically serve a significant ratio of economically disadvantaged students, the MacDougal Family Foundation Blue and Gold Scholarship was established in 1986. Eligible schools include, but are not limited to, the following: 32nd St USC MAE Magnet, Academy of Medical Arts, Addams, Alliance Collins Family College-Ready HS, Alliance Ted K Tajima, Amelia Earhart Continuation, Animo South LA Charter, Animo Watts, Antelope Valley, Avalon, Beach, Belmont, Bernstein, Boyle Heights, Buena Vista, California Virtual Academy, Canyon Oaks, Centinela, Central, Chavez, Compton, Crenshaw, Desert Winds, Del Mar, Dorsey, Diamond Ranch, Discovery Charter Preparatory School, Dr. Maya Angelou, Dymally, Early College Academy-LA Trade Tech College, Eastside, El Monte, Evergreen Continuation, Fairvalley, Fremont Senior High, Fontier Continuation, George Washington, Glendale, Glenn, Hamilton, Harris Newmark, Hawkins, Independence Continuation, Inglewood, Jack London, Kahlo, Learning Works, Ledesma, Littlerock, Locke, Lloyde, Magnolia Science Academy, Manual Arts, McAlister, Mt Olive, New Open World Academy, New Village Girls Academy, North Park, Odyssey, Opportunities for Learning Duarte, Optimist Charter, Options for Youth San Gabriel, Owensmouth, Panorama, Park West, Parris, Prepa Tec, Puente Hills, Reid, Rose City, Santana Continuation, School for the Visual Arts and Humanities, SIATech Academy South, Sierra, STEAM Legacy, Thoreau, UCLA Community School, Vail, View Park, Vista, WESM, Westchester High, Wilbur Tracy, Will Rogers, and Wooden. Recipients must be US Citizens or California permanent residents.
- Students has demonstrated high financial need according to the standards of the UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students who have a part-time job.
- Students are pursuing one (or more) of the following majors: Anthropology, Applied Mathematics, Archaeology, Astrophysics, Atmospheric, Biochemistry, Biology, Biology, Biophysics, Business Economics, Cell and Developmental Biology, Chemistry, Cognitive Science, Communication Studies, Computational and Systems Biology, Economics, Engineering Geology, Financial Actuarial Mathematics, Geography, Geology, Geophysics, History, Human Biology and Society, Immunology & Molecular Genetics, Integrative Biology and Physiology, Marine Biology, Mathematics, Mathematics for Teaching, Mathematics of Computation, Mathematics/Applied Science, Mathematics/Economics, Microbiology, Military Science, Molecular, Naval Science, Neuroscience, Oceanic and Environmental Sciences, Physics, Political Science, Psychobiology, Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, and all majors within the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- $5000 -- renewable; notification by April 15
- Supplemental Questions
- Please indicate your citizenship/CA residency
- Attended LA County High School that Traditionally Serves Economically Disadvantaged Population?
- If you selected 'None of the Above,' but will be graduating from a high school that traditionally serves, for the most part, an economically disadvantaged population, please name your high school:
- Please indicate from which of the following LA County high schools you will graduate:
- Will you be graduating from an LA County high school that traditionally serves an economically disadvantaged population (at least 50% of the student body)? (If unsure, do a web search using the name of your high school and the search terms 'economically disadvantaged' -- search result should tell you the percentage for your school.)
- Please explain your plan for pursuing the major(s) indicated above. In particular, when do you plan to declare the major?
- Please indicate which of the following majors you plan to pursue at UCLA:
- Have you filed the FAFSA?
- Please provide the best cell phone number for the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center to contact you regarding your scholarship if necessary.
- Please write an essay explaining what area(s) of study you plan to pursue, and why. Please explain why the selected area(s) of study will afford you the opportunity to access graduate or professional education, as well as meaningful employment.
- Please upload an official or unofficial copy of your high school transcript
- CV/RESUME: Please provide a CV or Resume.
- Please write a 100-150 word bio that focuses on your academic plans at UCLA and your plan for obtaining graduate and/or professional educaation and meaningful employment after graduation from UCLA.
- Please provide the name and e-mail of an individual who will provide a letter of reference. The recommendation cannot be from a peer or family member. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation via the Academic Works (aka Blackbaud) portal. It is critical that the recommender meet the deadline or the portal will close and your application will be considered incomplete. NOTE: IF YOU ENCOUNTER DIFFICULTIES SECURING A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, please contact us via Message Center on the SRC website (scholarshipcenter.ucla.edu).
- Is your high school located in Los Angeles County?
- Show 6 more