The Junamici Scholarship was established in June 2017 by the Junamici foundation to support scholarships for the cost of attendance for one low-to-middle income undergraduate student with California residency for four years. Student shall be from the Division of Humanities and majoring or minoring in any foreign language offered at UCLA, provided that it is not his/her native language. Recipient could also be majoring or minoring in International Development Studies or Global Studies housed in the International Institute.
If you have questions, please contact the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center via the following page:http://www.scholarshipcenter.ucla.edu/about/contact/
- Full amount of California resident fees at UCLA; renewable for four years; Notification by April 15
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a California resident?
- Major with International Focus?
- Please indicate briefly your plans regarding the indicated major(s) and/or minor(s) and why you wish to pursue them. If you plan to major or minor in a foreign language (that is not your native language), please indicate which one(s).
- Which qualifying major(s) and/or minor(s) do you plan to pursue?
- Will you be majoring or minoring in a foreign language (that is not your native language) within the Division of Humanities in the UCLA College and/or will you be majoring or minoring in International Development Studies or Global Studies within the UCLA International Institute?
- Have you filed the FAFSA?
- Please provide the best cell phone number for the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center to contact you regarding your scholarship if necessary.
- Please describe at least two personal experiences that shaped your interest in foreign languages, international development and/or global studies. Describe your future goals and how the scholarship would help you achieve them.
- CV/RESUME: Please provide a CV or Resume.
- Please write a 100-150 word bio that focuses on your interests in language and/or international studies and includes a brief statement of current career goals.
- Please provide the name and e-mail of an individual who will provide a letter of reference, preferably one that will speak to your interest in foreign languages, international development studies and/or global studies. The recommendation cannot be from a peer or family member. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation via this portal. It is critical that the recommender meet the deadline or the portal will close and your application will be considered incomplete. NOTE: IF YOU ENCOUNTER DIFFICULTIES SECURING A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, please contact Mac Harris (Student Affairs Officer for the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center) at email@example.com.
- Show 3 more